Conference Bag Reuse Competition
We won’t be giving delegates a conference bag this year. The vast majority get discarded and even the cotton bags take a toll on the environment. To make us all think twice about the waste conference bags produce, we are running a little competition to reward the delegate with the oldest INTERSPEECH conference bag in use on the Monday of the conference. We have a €150 voucher for the Mayson Hotel which is located just minutes from the Convention Centre Dublin. The voucher can be used in The Mayson to book a sunset dinner in Ryleigh’s Rooftop Restaurant, pints in The Bottle Boy, burgers and wings at Elephant & Castle or even work up a sweat in Power Gym for the more energetic amongst us. All are located within the Mayson complex.
- This is open to registered delegates of INTERSPEECH 2023 only.
- To enter, simply use your old INTERSPEECH bag at the conference on Monday 21st.
- On Monday 21st August, present yourself (with your bag) to the General Information desk in the registration area of the CCD foyer, between 10.00 and 16.00. The registration team will take your entry details there.
- One bag – one entry! (any attempts to enter the same bag multiple times will lead to disqualification of all parties).
- The bag does not have to be yours (note students, this means that you can pester your professor to see what’s hidden in their office and borrow it) but we will ask about its origin when you enter.
- In the case of a tie for the oldest bag, the names for the oldest bags will be put in a draw and a winner drawn at random.
- We will only consider INTERSPEECH bags and will not take ICSLP or EUROSPEECH bags into account. The first INTERSPEECH was in Beijing in 2000. Were you there?
- The competition closes at 16.30 Dublin time on Monday 21st August.
- Winner to be announced later on Monday.
- By entering you are agreeing that if you win, we can post details on our social media @ISCAInterspeech.
- The winner can collect their voucher from the finance desk in the foyer on Tuesday 22nd August.
Dust off those old INTERSPEECH bags! Please tweet pictures of you attending INTERSPEECH with your old bags with #INTERSPEECH2023. Thanks for getting involved!